The Demand Planner position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. Leveraging forecasting software, the position creates and maintains statistical models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and a collaborative effort with sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources.
The Demand Planner is accountable for the Demand portion of the monthly S&OP process. This involves compiling global forecast and gaining formal business alignment to the Demand Plan. The plan is then passed to suppliers for long term inventory and capacity planning. The Demand Planner also works with the Supply Planner to ensure decisions are carried out in a timely and effective manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to develop a consensus and forecast event drivers across categories and customers.
- Develop complete analysis/timeline related to demand for new product launches.
- Develop aggregate level forecast to align cross-functional planning across the business unit.
- Use and maintain John Galt Solutions - Atlas Planning Suite as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Maintain metrics/scorecards on KPI’s, including forecast accuracy, fill rate, inventory turns, and excess & obsolete inventory.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Supply Chain/Logistics, Business or related Technical field.
- Minimum 1 year directly related experience.
- Understanding of ERP or WMS systems.
-Must have oral and written communication skills for presentations to all levels of customer and management.