Provide motivational leadership and facilitate change. Guide the coaching and development of any direct report, supervisor, or lead staff. Support, advise, and facilitate resolution of associate concerns and issues. Manage budgetary accounting including, but not limited to, monitoring expenses and the development of cost control procedures. Manage service metrics ensuring goods are processed timely with high quality.
Ideal candidate will have functional expertise in large complex DC environment, supply chain, and inventory management. The ideal candidate would thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment that is team-centric and highly collaborative.
• Assist Senior Manager Distribution Operations with financial, operations, people, process and service related objectives. Ensure productivity, quality, and inventory accuracy goals are achieved
• Coordinate the daily processing of departments under his/her direct report
• Coordination and participation in cross functional team projects to provide management with actionable data. Coordination of shared resources and identify resource constraints
• Actively participate in improvement project planning including and the day to day progress of projects. Proactively manage risks and issues; and mitigation efforts as appropriate. Completion of projects on time
• Communicate with management and operations teams on project’s progress
• Assist in departmental budget planning and monitor performance to expense planning
• Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve broad range of problems across initiatives
• Act as a role model and mentor on operations and project management methodology, standards, strategy, quality and change leadership. Coaches, trains, and develops employees informally and through formal training programs
• Manage internal and external resources
• Remain knowledgeable regarding WMS systems and changes in hardware and software technology
• Ensure development of systems and procedures to improve various warehouse operations (from receiving to shipment)
• Confirm that processes are run in accordance with SOPs and other documentation and best practices
• Interaction with peers across the company to share best practices
• Create and maintain KPIs to demonstrate progress and identify issues
• Responsible for warehouse inventory control, accuracy, and loss prevention
• Maintain inventory management best-in-class practices and serve as the subject matter expert for process improvements
• Work with finance team to develop business case to justify investments for improvement in warehouse operations
A four-year college degree in management, business administration or related study, or five years of related field experience.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years prior management experience in a distribution center.
• Knowledge of distribution operations (material handling equipment) and merchandise flow.
• Excellent Knowledge in warehouse management systems and demonstrated experience in project management
• Familiarity with Lean, Six Sigma and other problem solving / process improvement tools
• Knowledge of computerized scanning systems
• Strong computer skills in Excel, Power Point
• Prior experience with the implementation of a new WMS preferred.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Good communication skills both verbally and written including the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong coaching and administrative skills.
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
• Ability to prioritize work based on delivery schedule.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access)