The Machine Technician 1 is responsible for manufacturing product by operating and maintaining equipment and processes that provide optimum customer service. This position is reserved for Machine Technicians that have exhibited outstanding performance and ability. Technicians in this category should be cross-trained in all areas and have 1-2 years of experience at MT. Also responsible for enhancing the department’s productivity and quality and assisting Facilitator as required.
This position will be responsible for knowing and implementing all area specific compliance issues, including quality, environmental, safety and MT/plant policies. This position will contribute to team efforts by participating in continuous improvement projects as required. This position will also assist with training coworkers as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Produce product by operating all equipment in the department. Set up, adjust and troubleshoot equipment, including automated operations, controls, and sensors.
• Review programs on numerical and PLC equipment and adjust offsets. Communicate with Facilitator and Maintenance Techs about required ladder logic and PLC troubleshooting.
• Perform preventative maintenance responsibilities. Participate in updates of preventative maintenance schedules. Complete routine equipment and product inspections and complete required documentation.
• Investigate and efficiently assist with diagnosis and resolution of equipment and quality problems, production delays or stoppages. Participate in performing root cause analysis and assist with implementing the best solution.
• Troubleshoot and perform minor equipment repairs. Provide feedback to Maintenance and Facilitator as needed. Learn and complete corrective actions as directed.
• Inform Facilitator or Department Manager about processes or equipment requiring attention. Complete documentation as required or requested.
• Recommend and participate in completion of continuous improvement projects specifically designed to improve processes, productivity and quality, especially those related to corrective actions.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the manager/facilitator, including working other shifts as necessary.
• Adhere to all safety requirements in the work area
• Practice 5Ss
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
• Able to interpret technical data, including drawings and schematics, accurately.
• Must be proficient in the use of common inspection and test equipment.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills required.
• High School or GED diploma required plus Technical Certification in a Mechanical, Electrical, Automation or related program or equivalent combination of education and experience in maintenance, mechanical, or technical field.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in maintenance, mechanical, or technical field at MT or similar employer.