Perform a wide verity of calculation and software aided analysis in the following areas:
• Mechanical Stress analysis, material and heat treatment selection based upon application stresses, very complex tolerance and fit analysis, FEA, FMEA, DFA/M, lubricant properties, spur and helical gear design, statics and dynamics, noise and vibration and a variety of machine element design. A creative and innovation approach to these mechanical application areas is necessary for the individual in this position.
• Use creativity to optimize existing products for cost by breaking down designs to its basic functions.
• Understand risks associated with proposed design changes and help develop targeted test plans to prove changes meet specifications.
• Make formal presentations regarding technical deliverables.
• Facilitate project flow involving regular and contact with manufacturing and other across the functional staff members must correctly follow all Milwaukee Tool procedures covering new product development and design output in addition to procedures of non-engineering related to project flow.
• Schedule, develop agenda for, facilitate and document project meetings.
• Track technical schedule to ensure adherence to timeline.
• Interact with manufacturing plants to maintain familiarity with cell operations and staff.
• Occasionally make process change recommendations based on cost reduction opportunities.
• Interact with suppliers to develop part/product specifications that meet performance requirements while also falling within manufacturing process capabilities.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Mechanics.
• 2+ years of design experience.
• Strong proficiency in 3D CAD – ProE, Solidworks, NX, or similar.
• Experience with FEA.
• Deep mechanical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of engineering materials, mechanical properties and an understanding of the manufacturing processes associated with these materials.
• Ability to travel up to 10% (travel includes Domestic and International).
• High interest in tools of the construction trades.