The Repair Technician will perform repair and/or service work of Company products in accordance with prescribed procedures. The job requires using a variety of hand tools and small power tools to take apart and repair the customer tools. Each repair tech has a computer to review Tool Service Bulletins, pack out instructions for reconditioned tools and parts or tools collected for Quality Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform all of the necessary repairs
• Read and comprehend repair order information and parts schematics.
• Diagnose the tool by performing a complete function test.
• Perform complete function test to confirm the tool is repaired properly
• Complete the information on the repair order form
• Work involves disassembly of units, diagnosis of operating difficulty, location and replacement of worn or defective parts within times in accordance with work instructions.
• Assist in other areas of the cell as needed such as material handle, 5’s projects, stock shelves, pack items to ship to QE, etc
• Make decisions as to feasibility of repairs.
• Keep records of parts used and provide data for billing and/or warranty information.
• Recognize and report operational irregularities and defective materials.
• Set up and perform electrical and mechanical tests to insure product's repair and/or work performed is in conformance with prescribed quality standards.
• Work from parts sheets, specifications and drawings.
• Perform prescribed inspections.
• Technician may also be asked to complete shipping and receiving duties.
• Under supervision of the Lead Technician make recommendations as to warranty liability and any unusual repair problems.
• Work is subject to in process and final inspection.
• Responsible for quality of work, safety and housekeeping in assigned area.
Perform miscellaneous tasks as directed.
• Requires an education equivalent to high school diploma or GED
• Must have mechanical skills and diagnostic skills
• High attention to detail
• Basic computer and writing skills
• One year of mechanical or electrical work experience or equivalent education