Test Release Coordinator in Olive Branch, Mississippi
You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across multiple applications. The releases can be inclusive of WMS application updates, system patches, security improvements, Projects and Programs. Where necessary you will provide services to help management and project teams to assist in managing and deploy releases into production from various WMS and Reporting Applications. The successful candidate will be solely responsible for implementing and managing the release processes for code through development, test, and production environments.
The Job function also includes supporting the current manual testing process as well as components included in the testing lifecycle based on various development, testing and production environments. The individual will also be responsible for all aspects of functional and performance testing for a Warehouse Management System software as well as all other tools or applications that require code deployment. The successful candidate will work with IT and Operations teams to define, develop, execute, monitor and track test plans and test cases. The candidate should be self-motivated, goal oriented and able to work with a small development team under tight timeframes. They should also provide reporting that reflects the current state of several testing campaigns and initiatives.
Specific Duties Will Include:
- Managing and coordination of code deployment of various applications
- Creating and documenting test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts
- Assist with monitoring the execution of test cases and documentation of test results
- Developing test cases from use cases as well interviewing functional users
- Developing and running testing schedules with several operational groups
- Experience in Software Deployment / Release Management
- Manual testing experience in a very face paced warehouse environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and a strong testing aptitude
- Knowledge of software quality assurance practices
- General knowledge of databases and basic SQL queries
- Experience in a structured development methodology
- Excellent communication & documentation skills
- Experience in testing functional task and roles within a Warehouse Management System
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA
- Can successfully manage and lead testing teams and management meetings
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record working on large-scale projects with diverse stakeholders and with cross-functional teams
- Ability to adjust to changing situations to address emergencies code deployments, program changes, or production requirements.