We're looking for an innovative thinker who will leverage their industry experience to bring new capabilities to the distribution center to optimize and improve the automation of the movement of product.
This role will be a proactive contributor in supporting distribution center production from a technology perspective, focusing on maximizing equipment reliability and operational performance for systems such as conveyors, conveyor controls, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, ASRS, and material handling robots. This role will participate as a functional member of the DC leadership team.
- Understand, maintain and troubleshoot material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers, industrial networks and electrical distribution systems.
- Act as a first level escalation support for the maintenance teams to locally or remotely troubleshoot and repair all hardware or controls software systems within the Distribution Center.
- Facilitate failure analysis and incident review processes and implement process improvements or retraining to avoid future incidents.
- Use diagnostic software to monitor performance of systems; collect and analyze data to identify trends and recommend improvements.
- Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize system utilization.
- Fortna, and HighJump platform experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- PLC/PC program knowledge and troubleshooting experience
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24 VDC systems
- Control Systems interfaces and program knowledge
- Advanced troubleshooting skills with PCs, servers and industrial controls networking
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, relating technical issues to business leadership
- Conceptualize, design, engineer, and execute industry leading projects from start to finish.
- Partners with maintenance staff to collaborate on repairs, system flow, design, and upgrades
- Develop complete and concise system Description of Operation (DOO), test plans and user guides.
- Interface with industry leading customers.
- Define and purchase electrical devices including sensors, VFDs, and PLC components.
- Design and engineer VFD and PLC control panels using CAD
- Integrate cutting edge bar code reading technology to track and sort containers.
- Successfully implement material handling systems by developing and implementing detailed commissioning plans.
- Attend all project related turnover meetings, functional design reviews and team meetings.
- Fully understands scope, budgets, and schedules for the project.
- Reviews initial project schedule and identify gaps or changes needed.
- Maintains and tracks issues list, reporting to Supervisor / Manager as required.
- Performs PLC Code reviews.
- Completes all in-house testing and emulation.
- Provides site/field reports daily, including progress, issues, and next steps, as requested.