We're looking for a high energy individual who can not only contribute to the invention of new to world concepts, but also would thrive as leader of a likeminded multidisciplinary team.
Candidates for this role are creative and have a passion to find problems and invent meaningful solutions. You would be comfortable leading in an ambiguous environment, great at fostering creativity, and able to develop strategy and next steps for the team to learn through iteration. All the while removing obstacles and driving the team forward to accomplish goals in a timely manner. Candidates would have strong mechanical skills and experience with Design Thinking to pull together meaningful new ideas based upon identified unmet user needs.
At your core you are an inventor.
- Oversee the exploration and convergence of the project into actionable innovative opportunities & user driven strategies for Milwaukee Tool.
- Foster a creative environment, encourage others to think differently, coach problem solving
- Effectively & efficiently manage cross functional team throughout the project ensuring expectations are clear, delivered upon, and in a timely manner.
- Coach Design Thinking skills to core team, proper presentation assembly & communication per the various milestone meetings.
- 5+ years of experience working in Front End Development.
Experience with Design Thinking methods, processes, tools, & execution.
Great at uncovering unmet user needs and creating unique products to solve.
Bachelor's Degree, Engineering; Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
Inventor: Irresistible drive to invent new solutions to old problems.
- Creativity: Original problem-solving skills coupled with a hands-on approach.
- Irreverence: Actively challenges behavior paradigm's both internally and externally.
- Management of Complex Decisions: Thrives in ambiguous scenarios in which the correct direction(s) is not yet obvious. Great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available and making decisions.
- Intuition: Knows the most effective and efficient methodologies to meet project goals.
- Aptitude: Possesses strong mechanical & manufacturing background to ground ideas but has a finger on the pulse of emerging technologies.
- Communication: Up, down, and throughout the organization - speaking the lexicon of the creative, technical and the trades in a language of the masses.
- Time management: Skilled at planning & prioritization of tasks for oneself and the project team.
- Cross-functionality: Works effectively with Engineering, Marketing, Industrial Design, & Design Research. Understands the strengths, value, and knows how to correctly utilize each member of the team most effectively.