Works with Marketing, Operations, Quality, and other Engineering departments to develop products and manage low/medium complexity projects. Position is located in the Brookfield, WI and leads/supports activities in China and US. Position reports to the Engineering Manager for Accessories.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and lead development projects within the Milwaukee Accessory Business Unit of low complexity to medium complexity.
- Collaborate with other engineering department team members in the development of products.
- Complete projects on time, at cost, and within budget.
- Meet performance targets.
- Facilitate weekly global team meetings to monitor project milestones and status.
- Present project status and updates to peers and senior management.
- Confirm and document product performance specification.
- Develop and follow procedures and standards to ensuring products meet/exceed established performance criteria.
- Initiate and monitor test lab requests.
- Determine root cause and determines design/engineering solutions.
- Direct and guide engineering support in PRC
Core Competencies and Skills:
- Project Management
- Design of components, assemblies, and systems
- Solid modeling
- Material Selection
- Manufacturing experience
- Assembly experience
- Understand cost drivers associated with materials, labor & overhead.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of three years of experience in product design engineering and project management.
- Ability and experience leading cross functional teams.
- Team player with great communication skills.
- Performs work consistent with expectations.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in fast paced environment.
- Must have great organizational skills in order to manage several projects and tasks while maintaining project schedules.
- Must have 4 year mechanical engineering degree.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%.