The Recondition Technician will perform repair and/or service work of Company products in accordance with prescribed procedures. The job requires using a variety of hand tools and small power tools to take apart and repair the customer tools. The ability to train totroubleshoot and complete repairs on all tool models will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all of the necessary repairs
- Read and comprehend parts schematics.
- Diagnose the tool by performing a complete function test.
- Perform complete function test to confirm the tool is repaired properly
- Complete the information on the recondition order form
- Work involves disassembly of units, diagnosis of operating difficulty, location and replacement of worn or defective parts within times in accordance with work instructions.
- Assist in other areas of the cell as needed such as material handle, 5's projects, stock shelves, pack items to ship to QE, etc
- Keep records of parts used and provide data for billing and/or warranty information.
- Recognize and report operational irregularities and defective materials.
- Set up and perform electrical and mechanical tests to ensure product's repair and/or work performed is in conformance with prescribed quality standards.
- Work from parts sheets, specifications and drawings.
- Perform prescribed inspections.
- Work is subject to audit and final inspection.
- Responsible for quality of work, safety and housekeeping in assigned area.
- React to change effectively and handle tasks as assigned, including working other shifts as needed
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires an education equivalent to high school diploma or GED
- Must have mechanical skills and diagnostic skills
- High attention to detail
- Basic computer and writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members at all levels
- One to two years of previous experience in electrical and/or mechanical repair
Internal Applicant Requirements
- Currently 90% or above on production efficiency
- Maximum 4 audit points for the previous month
- Must not have an active final warning
- Maximum 4 paperwork errors for the previous month
- Maximum of 3 attendance points