Machine Technician 1 is responsible for manufacturing quality product by operating/ maintaining equipment and processes that provide optimum customer service. This position is reserved for Machine Technicians at the entry level. This position is also responsible for enhancing the department's safety, quality, and productivity as well as assisting Facilitator as required.
This position will be responsible for knowing and implementing all area specific compliance issues, including safety, quality, environmental, and MT/plant policies. This position will contribute to team efforts by participating in continuous improvement projects as required. This position will also require working with maintenance to complete necessary preventative maintenance procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Know and adhere to all safety requirements in the work area.
- Housekeeping- follow all house keeping policies and schedules.
- Understand and demonstrate how to use all gauges in the cell.
- Undestand tolerances and how to make offsets on the machine to stay in spec.
- Utilize quality tools in the cell ie SPC, OEE, etc.
- Operate a minimum of one machine in the department efficiently. (85% or better)
- Perform set up (change overs) following procedures in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot equipment, including automated operations, tooling, controls, and sensors.
- Assist maintenance department in preventative maintenance responsibilities. Participate in updates of preventative maintenance schedules.
- Conduct routine equipment/product inspections and complete required documentation.
- Perform minor equipment repairs, providing feedback documentation to Maintenance and Supervisor as needed.
- Inform Supervisor or Department Manager about processes or equipment requiring attention.
- Recommend and participate in completion of continuous improvement projects specifically designed to improve processes, productivity and quality, especially those related to corrective actions.
- Complete oadditional duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor, including working other shifts as necessary.
- Know, complete, and adhere to 5S practices in the assigned work area and throughout the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate good written and oral communication skills.
- Able to interpret technical data, including drawings and OMS.
- Must be proficient in the use of common inspection and test equipment.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School or GED diploma required.
- Technical Certification in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Automation preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in maintenance, mechanical, or technical field at MT or similar employer.
Physical and Weight Lifting Demands
The physical and weight lifting demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.