The Senior Electronics Engineer will lead the design of new product, responsible for all aspects of design including circuit design, firmware, schematic capture, leading in-house PCB designers, board bring-up, and documentation. This includes working in a team environment interacting with marketing, mechanical engineering, and manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics hardware and firmware while providing oversight and guidance to junior engineers.
- Provide expertise and engineering support on high complexity projects.
- Effectively identify and communicate issues to upper management in a clear, concise, and timely manner while driving action based on urgency.
- Create new power tool circuit designs using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE, and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Strong understanding of power management and ultra-low power embedded hardware and firmware implementations.
- Establish and execute test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE and ANSI.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field (Master's Preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in related design field.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 20% (Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the trade.