The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for the continued support and development of assigned transportation accounts and coordination of inbound and outbound product shipment flow for The Home Depot Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with operations, management, customers and freight carriers in the shipping and retrieval of freight to and from Home Depot's rapid deployment centers.
- Resolves any corrections to shipping documents and loads in transit.
- Communicates with freight carriers on lost freight, miss routed, and damaged freight.
- Oversee shipment coordination and routing per customer requirements.
- Coordinate pickups with carrier and guarantee all loads have a scheduled appointment.
- Ensure that customer problems are researched and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure all shipping documents, BOL's, commercial invoice, etc. are properly prepared
- Stay current with various regulations including those related to hazardous shipments and freight classifications.
Transportation Department Specific:
- Acts as support/backup to THD Traffic Manager
- Support THD by editing Commercial Invoices and creating itemized detailed documents shipments clear customs
- Reviews expedited shipment requests for emergency and special orders.
- Review and investigate discrepancy with shipments.
- Ensure correct freight terms are marked on BOL's.
- Execute OBDC Admin request as needed
- Supports and coordinates all THD event shipping documents to be complete and ready prior to the shipping date.
THD Department Specific:
- Create and release load plans in High Jump
- Maintain daily shipment department scoreboard
- Greet drivers when they pick up the load
- Maintain pickup logs for trucks
- Works closely with order management and picking operations to ensure shipments are completed and paperwork can be done.
- General office environment
- Repetitive motion
- Able to work in various temperature conditions
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have 6 years direct or indirect experience in a distribution center scheduling role with a high school degree or equivalent, a two year degree with 4 years of experience, or a four year degree
- Working knowledge in MS Office and proficient in MS Excel
- Ability to skillfully navigate in ERP system
- Ability to skillfully navigate in Manhattan TMS a plus
- Strong organizational skills and stellar attention to detail are essential
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing