The Senior Electronics Engineer will lead the design of battery and charger electronics, responsible for firmware and hardware design, development, and documentation. This includes working in a team environment interacting with electronics engineers, mechanical engineers, project management and marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, test and troubleshoot battery and charger electronics, while providing oversight and guidance to junior engineers.
- Strong understanding of switched mode power supplies, ultra-low power embedded hardware and firmware implementations.
- Establish and execute test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Independently track multiple projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Design and verify mass production electronics that will be used in harsh operating conditions.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience in related design field.
- Proficient in C.
- Understanding of UL requirements and EMC testing
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the trade.