As the senior analyst you are responsible for owning the primary business relationship with the channel marketing group. Key activities include owning and maintaining the commercial budget, analyzing and reporting results, and driving process improvements related to commercial processes and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain monthly promotion and pricing financial activity.
- Provide analysis and support of promotionally driven sales results, including but not limited to mix analysis, promo cost, and pricing decisions.
- Review and understand customer/distributor program offerings and the impact to channel profitability.
- Review commercial initiatives, including analysis of lift, mix, free good cost, merchandising, etc...
- Review and present financial information to internal customers, providing recommendations for maintaining and increasing profitability.
- Prepare financial and business related analysis with research in all areas that pertain to the commercial group and present to Financial and Business Leadership.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the process of continuous improvement. Identify and eliminate non-value-added activities and streamline processes.
- Assist in preparation of annual operating budget.
- Identify knowledge gaps and develop tools, processes & models to provide meaningful information to internal customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of experience in an accounting or finance related field.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization (written, verbal, presentation, and listening).
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, with advanced Excel knowledge.
- Ability to work well on diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.