Under the direction of and reporting to the principal engineer, provides support in building and maintaining electrical systems for manufacturing equipment and infrastructure. The AMD Technician candidate should have broad understanding of electrical wiring, troubleshooting of electrical systems, and the ability to understand and modify PLC ladder logic, as these skillsets will be used in combination to successfully accomplish the required responsibilities. Ability to travel to manufacturing sites to transition process development operating knowledge from AMD to AMT.
- Participate as a member of the department's engineering team in the development of new manufacturing processes, plans and improvement initiatives to support advanced manufacturing initiatives.
- Work cooperatively with Advanced Manufacturing & Technology engineering staff to implement new equipment and support prototype testing.
- Assist in planning of facility electrical requirements.
- Build and modify control panels for equipment utilizing voltages from 24 VDC to 480 VAC.
- Work with and lead development with equipment suppliers to deliver custom processing solutions to achieve goals and objectives.
- Work independently to troubleshoot problems on existing equipment.
- Strong electrical and control system skills.
- Strong emphasis on Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC's and HMI's.
- Identify and work with outside technical resources on specific projects and/or products when appropriate.
- Knowledge to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Familiarity with motors, sensors, pneumatics, and general electrical wiring practices.
- Ability to be interactive 'hands on' with each upcoming engineering project.
- Strong familiarity with contactors, solenoid valves, motor wiring, sensor wiring, and electrical safety.
- Requires an Associates of Science Degree in Electrical technology or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Minimum 3 years related experience is required.
- Travel Ability to travel domestically and internationally for machine and/or concept evaluations. Estimated yearly travel, 10% - 20%. Most trips will be contained into 1 week with possibilities of weekend travel.