The Vice President Operations is responsible for the creation, execution and leadership of the North American manufacturing and sourcing strategy that support the growth, new products roadmap, and overall requirements of the Power Tool business unit.
- Lead cross-functional teams to determine the products and processes to produce in North America.
- Determine the manufacturing locations in North America (USA & Mexico) that best support business.
- Lead analysis of what processes we invest in vertical integration vs source to ensure a competitive advantage.
- Lead strategic sourcing effort to identify and develop the supply base needed to support operations.
- Integrate Repair/Recon, Service operation, Late Point Kitting, QP Execution into overall distribution and operation strategy.
- Execute operational plan once present, rationalize, and communicate for approval.
- Ensure close communication and coordination with Global Operations and New Product Development teams.
- Oversee and lead facilities and teams and support Day-Day operational activities for the power tool business unit.
- Build and develop a high energy, talented operations team in North America.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Engineering, Business or a technical field.
- 10+ years of strong progressive management experience in Manufacturing Operations. At least 5 years of direct factory management.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing and engineering applications and practices.
- Experience in sourcing and supply base development.
- Proven track record of strategic short and long-term planning, Profit and Loss (P/L), and Quality Systems Regulations (QSR).
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives.