Under the direction of the Regulatory Lab Supervisor, assist in the testing of the Company's products as they relate to Regulatory compliance and product safety.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform tests using a variety of electrical and mechanical test equipment and techniques.
- Test a diverse set of products and subassemblies, including Power Tools, Batteries, Chargers, Switches, Electronic Controls, Electric Motors, Plastics and Insulators, Test and Measurement equipment, etc.
- Setup and maintain test fixtures and equipment
- Exercise responsibility for thoroughness, timeliness, and accuracy of work performed.
- Assist Senior Technician in critical and involved tests, or run such tests under supervision.
- Perform tests accurately while following work instructions and standard methods.
- Prepare reports of test results utilizing a PC with word processing, database, spreadsheet, and statistical/graphical software.
- Conversant in the operation of Power Tools and Equipment.
- Basic electronics understanding -- AC/DC circuits, motors, sensors, controllers.
- Ability to work independently and on a high-functioning team.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Technology related Associate Degree, or equivalent military or formal training, is required.
- Two to four years of experience with test equipment, product life / performance test procedures and methods, mechanical/electrical principles.
- Knowledge of test concepts in the design and development of products and components.
- Knowledge of PC software and Office applications