Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct developmental testing, document results.
- Assembly of prototype tools and components.
- Shipping materials to People's Republic China (PRC).
- Ordering competitive tools and test materials.
- Submission of test requests, monitor test progress.
- Tool teardown -- document wear & any issues, failure analysis.
- Effective and timely communication to work order requestors via email or other means.
- Support Service group in definition and setup of new product launches
- Work with Warranty group to tear down and analyze failure modes. Funnel information into New Product Development Engineering knowledgebase.
- Manage lab space -- tools/parts/work surfaces/consumable materials.
- Desired -- 2D & 3D CAD (drawing changes/updates, prototype part 2D for RPD).
- Desired -- Manual machine tool use for part modification
- Requires an education equivalent to Associates Degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology, or related experience.
- Five plus years' experience with electro-mechanical systems, test equipment, test procedures, and methods in an R&D environment. Experience with Hydraulics systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of test concepts in the design and development of products and components.
- Strong mechanical aptitude. Experience with Machine Tool operation is a plus.
- PC hardware and software knowledge.
- Ability to reach out to cross functional groups for reference or troubleshooting.
- Assist other working groups as needed or workload demands shift.
- Keeps steady pace as demands increase/ decrease. At times reaching out for help, or working to get ahead on future requests or peripheral work responsibilities.
- MS Office applications. 2D & 3D CAD system knowledge is a plus.