Are you looking for a career with a growing company? Looking for a challenging and quick pace environment? Then look no further than the Supply Chain Department at Milwaukee Tool. As a Demand Planner (Sales and Operations Planning) for Milwaukee Tool you will be responsible for working cross-functionally to forecast major Business Unit categories and balance the strategic supply to optimize and maintain the delivery performance and inventory turns.
Through the Sales & Operations Planning cycle, the position will direct the business unit leaders through a decision making process to align demand, supply and the long term strategy. The Demand Planner also works with Supply Planner to ensure decisions are carried out in a timely and effective manner.
The Demand Planner position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. Leveraging forecasting software, the position creates and maintains statistical models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and a collaborative effort with sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources.
The Demand Planner is accountable for the Demand portion of the monthly S&OP process. This involves compiling global forecast and gaining formal business alignment to the Demand Plan. The plan is then passed to suppliers for long term inventory and capacity planning. The Supply Planner is responsible for the capacity planning portion of the S&OP Process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to develop a consensus and forecast event drivers across categories and customers.
- Develop complete analysis/timeline related to supply and demand for new product launches, products being phased-out, and products transferring production location.
- Develop aggregate level forecast to align cross-functional planning across the business unit.
- Use and maintain John Galt Solutions - Atlas Planning Suite as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Provide input to the supply chain for developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product transitions.
- Participate in inventory planning and strategy development (safety stock management and analysis, promotional builds, etc.), communication of risks related to inventory and supply plans.
- Maintain metrics/scorecards on KPI's, including fill rates, inventory turns, forecast accuracy, excess & obsolete inventory, and production schedule adherence.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Business or related Technical field.
- Minimum three years of experience, at professional level, with strategic planning, capacity planning, master scheduling, and inventory control.
- Understanding of ERP or WMS systems.
- Must have oral and written communication skills for presentations to all levels of customer and management.