Director of Service Operations - Power Tools in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Director of Service Operations for Milwaukee Power Tools has oversight of all the service operations including repair and reconditioning. This leader will develop and implement strategic plans to increase efficiency and effectiveness as well as oversee the daily operational activities and teams.
- Establish footprints, facilities, and operations needed to effectively and efficiently support business growth and customer requirements.
- Identify gaps and optimize processes, systems, technologies, and flow through the entire value stream of the operations to reduce costs and lead times and increase quality.
- Identify and establish systems, processes, and technical capabilities that achieve quality expectations of repaired product for existing and future roadmaps.
- Establish processes that interact with the quality organization to ensure we capture data and product information to support warranty analysis and continuous improvements.
- Establish, monitor, and report overall operations performance by site.
- Drive culture of continuous improvement in all areas of the operations and across the organization.
- Support New Product Development teams to ensure Service Operations pro-actively support New Product launches.
- Build and develop a high energy, talented operations team. Encourage open employee communication and engagement via development, training and performance management.
- Ensure close communication and coordination with Cross-Functional teams across Milwaukee team.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Engineering, Business or a technical field.
- 10+ years of strong progressive management experience in Manufacturing Operations. At least 5 years of direct factory management.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing and engineering applications and practices.
- Proven experience in training and utilizing Value Stream Mapping and employing other Lean tools to optimize processes and teams.
- Track record of utilizing technology to drive improvements and efficiencies.
- Proven track record of strategic short and long-term planning, Profit and Loss (P/L), and Quality Systems Regulations (QSR).