Supplier Quality Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Date Posted: 2/1/2019
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering
Date Posted: 2/1/2019
- controls are in place during initial supplier assessment visits or on-going supplier management assessments.
- Implement and maintain quality improvement and auditing systems with suppliers. These systems will focus on process controls, metrology, quality control, quality management and quality systems.
- Understand the supplier's current capabilities and potential new capabilities and communicate to purchasing, engineering, and quality personnel.
- Drive resolution of quality issues back to the supplier. This includes customer complaints and non-conformances documented through reports, rating systems, supplier corrective action reporting, or other means of effective resolution of quality issues.
- Identify systemic supplier quality issues and drive corrective and preventative actions through: 1) data and information collection regarding trends and issues 2) data and information collection from assessments and from supply base, and 3) root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Compile and report on supplier performance metrics.
- Participate in supplier scorecard reviews along with sourcing to assess suppliers on their ability to meet quality and delivery goals.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Metallurgical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering plus five years of related work experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer
- Experience in Supplier Management through the process of Supplier Selection, Supplier Auditing, Supplier Rating Systems, Supplier Evaluations, Supplier Scorecards, Supplier Development, Supplier Improvement, and working through Supplier Exiting Strategies, when necessary.
- Ability to work in a cross functional team and matrix management environment.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with 1) lead auditing, 2) gauging methods, procedures and software and 3) Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required (with up to 50% Domestic and 10% International)