Credit and Collection Specialist in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool is seeking a Collection Specialist! The primary responsibility of the job will be to perform various collection functions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Milwaukee offers benefits on your first day of work (health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k) and an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria as well as a state-of-the-art fitness facility!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Owns accounts in assigned portfolio.
- Investigate payment exceptions daily that include short payments, credits, and claim issues.
- Primary customer contact for all matters regarding their account with METCO.
- Respond to all verbal and written customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Work with Sales/Customer Service/Dispute Resolution Team to resolve outstanding issues and expedite pending orders.
- Process credit applications and make decisions of credit worthiness.
- Prepare reports or complete other job-related tasks as directed by Management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent -- Two years post high school education preferred
- Five years of experience in a commercial collection environment.
- Experience with negotiating settlements with customers
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a working knowledge of personal computers and Internet.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft products
- Intermediate computer skills required in Excel, formulas, graphs