Reporting to the Quality Manager, the primary duty of this position is to develop, enforce and improve procedures, instructions and other processes while also providing wide a variety of process analysis and process improvement activities to internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and revise procedures, system instructions, standards and work instructions.
- Perform process analysis on machines, equipment and systems to facilitate process improvement and cost reduction. Track process performance and provide feedback to engineering, manufacturing and management.
- Work with manufacturing and suppliers in process improvement to reduce process variation and increase process control.
- Work with Engineering and other functional teams on statistical techniques and continuous improvement tools, such as process analysis, Gauge R&R, process flowcharting, design of experiments.
- Help manage and create corrective action plans to ensure timely root cause/8D analysis and effective corrective/preventive action.
- Participate in reviewing designs of new products and engineering changes with respect to product quality control planning and gauge requirements.
- Perform process and quality system audits to ensure compliance to specifications and documented procedures.
- Determine acceptance quality levels by means of random sampling techniques, where feasible.
- Track project schedules to ensure adherence to timelines
- Works on projects and continuous improvement initiatives in a self-directed manner
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Three plus years of related work experience or equivalent that includes training in quality engineering fundamentals.
- Excellent problem identification and resolution skills
- Supervision experience a plus
- Experience in metal manufacturing and plastic molding preferred