Embedded Systems Engineer I in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. Our fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility.
To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Embedded Systems Engineer I will collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams globally to design, build and qualify innovative embedded systems revolving around novel sensors, motor control, rich user interfaces, and wireless connectivity to our tools. You will join a team of passionate electronic, firmware, mechanical and IoT engineers to deliver the next Milwaukee Tool breakthroughs.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of senior engineers, design, prototype, test, and troubleshoot embedded electronics including hardware and firmware for low to mid-level complexity projects.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Conduct experiments, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Create test plans for electronic components and assemblies within scope of project.
- Track project design and test workflows to ensure adherence to schedule and Milwaukee Tool's processes.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Develop and apply manufacturing mindset to designs to effectively and efficiently mass produce power tools.
- Acquire knowledge and maintain an understanding of Milwaukee Tool's development and manufacturing processes.
- Design and qualify new solutions to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE and ANSI.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Understanding of embedded systems, PCBA manufacturing and power electronics.
- Familiarity with schematic capture, PCBA layout software, and circuit simulation tools.
- Working knowledge of C programming targeted at an implementation on microcontrollers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Working knowledge of a second modern programming language such as Python or C++.
- Experience with analog and digital system design.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.