Milwaukee Tool is excited to announce our new Hand Tools manufacturing operation in West Bend, WI! Due to our growth, we are seeking an Associate Human Resources Manager and this position will report directly to the Human Resources Manager.
What does a great Associate Human Resources Manager look like?
Our Associate HR Mgr will be excited by the variety of work and thrive in the tremendously fast paced environment.
You will excite us if:
You enjoy working on many things at once and at a very quick pace. You build collaborative relationships across the organization and are a key influencer and trusted advisor in your role.
What's in it for you?
Milwaukee Tool is recognized on the 2020 Glassdoor's Top Places to Work! We offer a chance to truly make a difference in a fast paced, innovative environment. You will help us disrupt the industry we compete in!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the hiring managers to ensure positions are filled quickly and efficiently
- Partner with leaders to create onboarding plans for new hires
- Plan and execute onsite job fairs as well as offsite job fairs
- Create headcount reports to communicate to leadership where staffing gaps exist
- Maintain applicant tracking system, which includes requisition creation, posting positions, and managing candidate activity
- Manages the hiring process, including screening, coordination of interviews, offer letters, etc
- Partners and communications with hiring managers to determine staffing needs, retention initiatives, and interviewing best practices
- Ensure all required new hire paperwork (application, background checks, I-9, etc.) is completed for new hires.
- Employee Relations and Performance Management
- Identify and monitor the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes a positive employee experience.
- Assist employees and supervisors through challenging situations
- Assist with investigations, discipline, and coaching/counseling as needed
- Support assigned teams through biannual performance management processes creating a culture of coaching and improvement
- Ensure compliance with EEO, AAP, OSHA, WC, Unemployment, FMLA , ADA, FLSA, and other state and federal regulations
- Manage the termination process which includes: exit process and addressing any non-compete concerns.
- Facilitate the professional and hourly performance review processes
- Perform weekly audits on employee timesheets for accuracy and completeness
- Provide basic Kronos support for employees
- Administer Attendance Policy by tracking occurrences and generating reports
- Support, communicate, and track employee title, department, compensation changes and terminations with the payroll and benefits team
- Administer Leave of Absence and Worker's Compensation claims.
- Provide reports and analysis on various employee data as required by location leadership.
- Responsible for ensuring base pay compensation is appropriate for the position
Education and Experience Requirements:
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or related field; OR equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Human Resources, previous experience in a manufacturing facility is strongly preferred
- Up-to- date knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Strong customer focus with ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and organized
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgement and diplomacy
- Some travel may be required