Order Management and Orchestration Lead in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Are you looking for a career with a growing company? Looking for a challenging and quick pace environment? Then look no further than the Supply Chain Department at Milwaukee Tool.
The Order Management Lead is responsible for activities resulting in overall improvement of the organization's Order to Cash cycle. The primary focus of the Lead Analyst will be on order orchestration and fulfillment, including process and systemic improvements.
With an unwavering commitment to the trades, Milwaukee continues to lead with a focus on providing innovative, trade-specific solutions. Milwaukee offers benefits on your first day of work (health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k)) and an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, organized fitness classes, recreational sports leagues and company outings. We have a business casual environment, jeans are acceptable most days; we work hard, but play hard, too!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all orders are processed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner with strong focus to on-time delivery metrics.
- Act as subject matter expert on all aspects of order management -- ATP, order flows, approvals, contracts, etc.
- Effectively interact with external and internal customers to provide outstanding customer experience.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with internal teams (Sales Ops, Sales, Finance, IT, etc.) to facilitate sales processes, provide input on nonstandard orders, and help resolve issues as they arise.
- Act as liaison between Order Management, Logistics, Sales, and customers.
- Document and enforce order management policy.
- Drive process improvement and implement leading practices across the organization in relation to order management/orchestration processing (identify workflow needs, create process documentation, assist with development of systems requirements and perform systems testing.
- Investigate and resolve all order related issues.
- Negotiate and drive alignment on changes to business requirements.
- Create, publish, and monitor KPI's to capture and control fill rate effectiveness.
- Other duties as required by manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 4+years of Order Management & Orchestration or related experience required. Experience with process implementation preferred.
Bachelors/Associates degree in related field.
- Significant knowledgebase on the Order-to-Cash cycle, standard metrics and best practices.
- Experience leveraging large scale ERP solutions (ex: Oracle, SAP, or IBM)
- Experience leading cross functional teams/projects.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes or concepts and assert a critical eye to potential improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Able to communicate and interpret ideas with departments across the organization.
- Microsoft Suite (Excel/Power Pivot/Word/Access/PPT)
- EDI and ASN experience a plus.