The Repair Technician will perform repair and/or service work of Company products in accordance with prescribed procedures. The job requires using a variety of hand tools and small power tools to take apart and repair the customer tools. Each repair tech has a computer to review Tool Service Bulletins, pack out instructions for reconditioned tools and parts or tools collected for Quality Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all of the necessary repairs
- Read and comprehend repair order information and parts schematics.
- Diagnose the tool by performing a complete function test.
- Perform complete function test to confirm the tool is repaired properly
- Complete the information on the repair order form
- Work involves disassembly of units, diagnosis of operating difficulty, location and replacement of worn or defective parts within times in accordance with work instructions.
- Assist in other areas of the cell as needed such as material handle, 5's projects, stock shelves, pack items to ship to QE, etc
- Make decisions as to feasibility of repairs.
- Keep records of parts used and provide data for billing and/or warranty information.
- Recognize and report operational irregularities and defective materials.
- Set up and perform electrical and mechanical tests to insure product's repair and/or work performed is in conformance with prescribed quality standards.
- Work from parts sheets, specifications and drawings.
- Perform prescribed inspections.
- Technician may also be asked to complete shipping and receiving duties.
- Under supervision of the Lead Technician make recommendations as to warranty liability and any unusual repair problems.
- Work is subject to in process and final inspection.
- Responsible for quality of work, safety and housekeeping in assigned area.
Perform miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Repetitive motion
- Frequent bending, stooping, pushing and pulling of parts and containers
- Able to work in various temperature conditions
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires an education equivalent to high school diploma or GED
- Must have mechanical skills and diagnostic skills
- High attention to detail
- Basic computer and writing skills
- One year of mechanical or electrical work experience or equivalent education