As a Reliability Engineer for Milwaukee you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarters in Brookfield, WI. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed from concept to production in the hands of professionals.
Domestic and international travel opportunities are available and sometimes required. In the US, Milwaukee has manufacturing locations in Mississippi. Overseas, you will have the opportunity to work with Chinese engineering counterparts as well as meet with suppliers in other areas of Asia.
Milwaukee offers benefits on your first day of work (health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k) and an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, organized fitness classes, recreational sports leagues and company outings.
We have a business casual environment, jeans are acceptable most days; we work hard, but play hard, too!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review new product designs and engineering changes with respect to product reliability, user requirements and warranty information
- Develop test plans and procedures, to ensure product meets customer driven life requirements
- Lead project teams in reliability tools such as; design failure mode and effects analysis (DFMEA), and critical to quality matrix (QFD)
- Isolate and identify "critical to quality" requirements specifically on electrical and electronic design features; and all product component interactions
- Report and present product information utilizing statistical techniques, reliability distributions and matrices
- Ensure timely failure reporting, root cause analysis and effective corrective/preventative actions (FRACA)
- Participate on project teams and lead in all aspects of reliability and testing
Quality Functions - New Product team:
- Use database for document control and corrective actions
- Assist in continuous improvement activities such as process analysis and flowcharting
- Coordinate New Product Development Reliability and transition hand-off to Quality
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics
- 1+ years of related experience including training in quality engineering fundamentals and proven experience leading from a primary function within a project team
- Strong background in reliability techniques is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint