Sr. Manager Quality - Battery Systems in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Sr Mgr Quality and Reliability Engineering for Battery Systems is responsible for supporting our existing battery platforms for both existing and new product development.
Reporting to the Director of Quality for the Power Tools business this individual will also serve as the Milwaukee Tool representative on the Global Battery Team un our parent company TTI, ensuring quality and supplier management practices are continuously improving.
Milwaukee Tool in an industry leader in Battery Power Tools and this role has direct influence in maintaining our M12/M18 platforms and ensuring all future technology lives up to our customers expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Quality and Reliability Engineering globally for Milwaukee Tool Battery Systems products (Packs, Cells, Chargers)
- Develop and lead a team of Reliability Engineers, Quality Engineers and Supplier Quality Engineers across Milwaukee Tool's global footprint
- Ensure production readiness of all New Product Development projects including system level validation, component and supplier readiness
- Drive warranty improvement and proactive quality improvement strategies and implement them globally
- Create strong relationships with global teams and with critical suppliers
- Establish dashboards and own reporting metrics for ongoing Battery System for leadership team
- Embrace Milwaukee Tool culture and be a role model for how to adjust to change and competing priorities
Reliability Function Leadership:
- Review new product designs and engineering changes with respect to product reliability, user requirements and warranty information
- Oversee the risk analysis on NPD projects and ensure execution of risk mitigation actions
- Isolate and identify "critical to quality" requirements and design testing strategies to ensure our products exceed customer expectations
- Define requirements and train teams on reporting information utilizing statistical techniques, reliability distributions and matrices
Quality Function Leadership:
- Work with the global quality teams across TTI Business's to develop QC mitigation strategies for high risk specifications
- Ensure Milwaukee Tool participates in and/or review supplier selections for adequate capability and quality control processes for critical components
- Coordinate and Drive Supplier Development activities (Audit, Qualification) globally for Milwaukee Tool Battery Systems
- Manage NPD production readiness risks by participating in early concept development and providing DFMEA and or PFMEA input early in the development process
- Works heavily with operations to ensure ongoing quality and reliability from Mfg locations
- Assist in continuous improvement around quality and reliability of existing Battery System products
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent, plus 10 years of related work experience in Advanced Quality, Quality Engineering and/or Reliability/Test Engineering
- 5+ years' experience working in an engineering function on Li+ Battery technology or products
- Extremely critical thinker, able to evaluate and identify risks in the early product development cycle and able drive projects to mitigate those risks.
- Strategic thinker with strong operational and communication skills; comfortable communicating at all levels within the organization
- Certification in Lean, SixSIgma or other Quality Systems a plus
- Communicates in an open and direct style to establish quick and effective credibility within team, as well as with a diverse set of business leaders; the ability to collaborate and influence is critical
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally estimated yearly 20% -30%. Most trips will be aligned to ongoing Supplier Audits and Mfg facilities