The Data Architect is a senior technical leadership role responsible for driving technology strategy, software solution architecture, and solution pattern development to enable rapid growth and efficiency. The role applies knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and solution architecture (hardware, software, operating system, database, business rules, user interface, etc.) to design and deliver high quality solutions to the business. This role will be accountable for a portfolio of solutions associated with one or more business functions within the business. In-depth business knowledge of business areas and the technologies utilized is required to understand business needs and determine the optimal solution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive "how" to build solutions optimizing techniques and methods for development speed and consistency by applying knowledge of the business unit, industry standards, technical architecture, and emerging technologies.
- Create and design new solutions by applying frameworks and patterns used by developers to create solutions in a systematic controlled, and efficient manner, leveraging knowledge about the business and the SDLC, and applying knowledge about the technical architecture stack.
- Evaluate end user needs before designing or selecting solutions to meet those needs which may involve conferring with users, studying systems flows, data usage, and business processes. Provide daily leadership, coaching, and mentoring of IT staff.
- Support project execution and development efforts by:
- Understand and participate in all phases from ideation to delivery
- Research and assess potential solutions making recommendations to IT and business leaders on how best to proceed
- Mentor developers on appropriate use of frameworks, technologies, and techniques
- Anticipate problems with all phases of solution development, deployment, and usage
- Ensure solution satisfies current architecture, security, and technical standards and/or identify how solution may require adjustments to current standards and practices.
- Share ideas, knowledge, and concepts across the organization.
- Work closely with IT leadership and business leadership to assess the current technology portfolio and develop multi-year technology roadmaps based on business capabilities required for the future. Identify gaps as well as opportunities for improvement.
- Update knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business Administration.
- Minimum 7 years IT experience including demonstrated proficiency in at least one of the following:
- IT/Business processes for large manufacturer and distributor of consumer goods
- Infrastructure or Technical Architecture
- Applications Architecture
- Information or Data Architecture
- Minimum of 3 years experience in IT Project Leadership or Technical Lead for complex, high risk, high visibility IT projects
- Demonstrated superior knowledge of industry standard business and technology best practices, tools, and methodologies
- Understanding of all aspects of the software life cycle from specification through analysis and design, to testing and maintenance as well as product evaluation. Able to leverage Agile, waterfall, or hybrid project methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team in the application of new structured development process -- concept, execution, implementation.
- Demonstrated expertise in requirements engineering, software architecture, software testing, and software deployment including understanding how the software interacts with the technical architecture.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Supply Chain and Finance business processes with experience implementing ERP, Supply Chain, and Financial solutions.
- Deep technical and functional expertise with Microsoft AX required. Serve as subject matter expert on AX guiding business on optimal usage of software, driving efforts to improve overall business efficiency and system performance, integrating ERP with other business solutions, and leading upgrade efforts to Dynamics 365.