Sets up and operates a slitting machine while following customer quality specifications, ensuring proper dimensions of rolls, pack quantity and print quality meet specifications. Perform rework/rewinding of rolls with identified defects from primary operations.
This job description lists major areas of responsibility and additional job activities may be added at any time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consciously abide by all machine, and company safety procedures to ensure safe working environment
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Maintains a safe working environment by following all company safety policies and procedures and reports unsafe conditions and incidents.
- Load the slitting machine with large roll of film.
- Set web guides and knives pursuant to customer specifications
- Change blades when necessary
- Adjusts speed, tension and pressure settings as necessary to maintain proper web tension.
- Set footage counters and track production quantity
- Package finished rolls per IGSS specifications
- Complete other duties as assigned by Manufacturing Supervisor
- High School or GED diploma required
- 0-1 year of previous experience required
- Great attention to detail required
- Requires excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to read and understand work instructions.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with employees.
- Willingness to work as team member or independently
- Ability to stand for entire shift
- Ability to maneuver heavy material, weighing up to 300lbs