Product Safety Coordinator in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Under the direction of the Director -- Product Safety and Regulatory Compliance; primary duty is to assist in the coordination and execution of product safety related activities, including customer support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with external customer regarding product safety matters, including but not limited to, reports of injury or property damage, power tool use and care, basic power tool safety, and Milwaukee Tool's portfolio of products.
- Providing phone, email and written support for Milwaukee products and services.
- Engaging appropriate personnel to address safety concerns or inquiries.
- Identify and implement tools & process updates to drive departmental improvements.
- Participate in executing the Department's document retention program.
- Ensure information pertaining to customer contacts is properly recorded in corporate systems.
- Facilitate the return of products from customers for analysis.
- Perform inspections and conduct initial failure analysis on returned products and summarize and report findings, as needed.
- Submit returned products for safety or quality testing, as appropriate.
- Coordinating product replacements, as appropriate.
- Assist the Department Director in the execution of recalls.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent, associate degree in Engineering or technical equivalent preferred.
- Plus, one to three years experience handling customer support, product repair or failure analysis activities, preferably with power tools, hand tools and/or consumer products.
- Possess strong verbal, written and organizational skills essential to professional communication.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Show an emphasis on and adherence to schedule and attention to detail.
- Ability to travel, as necessary.