Maintenance Technician I in Olive Branch, Mississippi
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring proper operation of and maintenance for production machinery and facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform preventive maintenance on production machinery such as conveyors, forklifts, stretch wrappers, tape machines, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair distribution/production machinery safely and quickly as possible when failures occur
- Provides support for all departments in the distribution center to help keep each area productive
- Orders needed parts and supplies to maintain all equipment and inventory
- Develops and maintains complete P.M schedule on all equipment
- Aid with cleaning and custodial duties
- Gives training and instruction to facilities technicians
- Maintain 5S techniques in the shop and work areas
- Performs building repairs and other duties as required such as light plumbing, painting, running occasional maintenance related errands, and contact contracted labor for facilities up-keep.
- 3 years plus of warehouse maintenance experience required
- Standing for long periods of time
- Frequent bending, stooping, pushing and pulling of tools and boxes
- Able to work in various temperature conditions
- Operation of motorized and manual pallet jack
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires education equivalent to four years of high school
Physical and Weight Lifting Demands
The physical and weight lifting demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.