Sr. User Experience Designer - One Key in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool is looking to add a Sr. User Experience Designer to the One-Key UX Team.
One-Key eliminates downtime on jobsites by delivering tool and equipment asset management that benefits professional contractors through Bluetooth enabled tools, hardware and software solutions.
Ideal candidates are all-around designers with both interaction and visual design skills. They will thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. Individuals should have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of our users and our business, and how to solve for them through design.
As a Senior UX Designer at Milwaukee Tool, you will:
- Think through complex features and flows, balance user needs and business needs, and make the complex feel simple to users.
- Be a key partner in shaping our product by channeling the voice of the user, envisioning initial concepts, proactively iterating upon task flows, wireframes, and mock ups based upon user feedback, and working closely with developers to ensure your designs are carried out and implemented.
- Optimize existing experiences and processes or propose new ones. Know when we should iterate on an the existing and when to hit the reset button and start over.
- Create consistency by thinking within our design ecosystem.
- Work closely with and Influence product management, engineering, marketing and designers from across the company on projects that involve physical products and software.
- Articulate and sell our design solutions to other designers, product stakeholders, management and executives.
- Self-starter and take a proactive stance toward achieving success on your projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills -- build positive working relationships with team members, have a good sense of humor, and a positive outlook on things.
- An extreme passion for understanding the user, and a strong communicator of the user's perspective throughout the design process.
- A belief that UX is more than just UI and includes all user-centered design activities from research, concepting, flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, annotations, and more.
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools Sketch, Adobe XD or InVision and anything else needed to get the job done.
- Experience designing native mobile apps as well as web and how to bridge them together.
- BS or BFA in HCI, Cognitive Science, User Centered Design or other related field; 5+ years of related experience.
- Must include link to an up-to-date, online portfolio in order to be considered.
Things that we value:
- Curious minds that are always willing to learn
- Introspective and self-aware
- An efficient and focused monotasking
- A strong point of view with a healthy dose of humility
- A collaborative mindset, perseverance and a great sense of humor
- A personality that thrives in an agile/nimble environment
- Willingness to take risks