Project Leader Operations - North America in Brookfield, Wisconsin
A Project Leader at Milwaukee Tool is a critical and influential role within the organization.The Project Leader is responsible for managing multiple moderate to highly complex projects with minimal direction. Individuals in this position will provide project management and necessary technical direction to assure successful and timely implementation. This role will be instrumental in helping to determine the long-term strategy for manufacturing Hand Tools in the USA.
- Lead the efforts by working with cross functional resources to develop and implement new manufacturing processes for Hand Tool operations.
- Lead cross-functional teams to determine the products and processes to produce in North America.
- Assist senior leadership in determining the best location to establish manufacturing for Hand Tools.
- Compile information and data to utilize in determining a business case for manufacturing operations.
- Provides leadership over moderate to highly complex manufacturing projects. Provides direction, guidance and engineering expertise to team members.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned operations projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Tracks project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Schedules meetings, develops agendas, facilitates and documents project meetings.
- Communicates, both verbal and written, to assure all groups are working toward the goal of timely project completion.
- Consistently visualizes entire scope of a project with very little guidance.
- Regularly makes presentations of project status.
- Identify project risks and implement risk reduction plans.
- Interacts with cross functional team both internal and external to achieve project goals
- Vital to be extremely organized and detailed-oriented
- Possessing a high sense of urgency and delivering information in a timely manner.
- Does not have formal supervisory responsibilities. Oversees day-to-day activities of project team members.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Operations Management or technical field. Graduate studies preferred in the business areas such as Project Management, Finance, Marketing, or Organizational studies. Formal project management training preferred.
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience in related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in metals manufacturing processes (i.e. Machining, stamping, forging, or assembly)
- Experience successfully managing medium-high complexity projects.
- Must possess a high level of Operations aptitude
- Excellent problem identification and resolution skills.
- Results driven and deadline orientated. Ability to manage projects to aggressive schedules and results. Ability to handle fast paced, and agile culture. Ability to adapt to constant change and competing priorities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Project.