New Product Development Coordinator - Service in Brookfield, Wisconsin
This position is under the direction of and reporting to Director of Service Operations. Primary duties are to report to / support the Director of Service Operations and the Service Support Technical Manager in the research and execution of new product development, Service operations support within the New Product Development (VIGOR) Process, and all other aspects of Service marketing and operations collaborating with Product Marketing & New Product Development. The New Product Development Service Marketing Coordinator will develop a base technical knowledge from an end user, distributor, and service stand point, along with exposure to Service Marketing and Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend all Service meetings with NPD and drive cross functional teams as needed while driving the NPD Process Checklist pertaining to Service.
- Coordinate with Product Marketing in the development of new innovative products, including market research to understand and develop Service strategy for after sales support/solutions for new categories.
- Communicate cross-functionally with Product Support Engineering (PSE) and Value Engineering (VE) to review Engineering Change Notices (ECN) that affect service, and improve process for ECN changes.
- Coordinate with Product Marketing, Engineering, Service Parts Associate Product Manager, and Service Support Technical Manager to drive service strategy needs for new categories, such as potential cost savings, Service Parts Lists (SPLs) and kitting that maximizes serviceability in product designs.
- Work with Engineering and Purchasing to maintain Fixtures for new products.
- Research, strategize, and assist in the launch of new Service solutions for end users to meet company growth goals and further building brand equity and competitive edge.
- Assist Service Support Technical Manager in developing Service processes for new product categories within all existing service touchpoints (eService, FSCs, ASCs, Tote Programs).
- Recommend strategies for the profitable management of new products for after sales support and drive continuous improvement service needs through NPD Process and coordinating with Finance.
- Assist in the development of 3 year product line plans, including initial Service support, long term after sales support strategy, and disposition- including 30 Day and Reconditioning- of product.
- Develop and maintain accurate service landscapes for each product category to assist the Associate Marketing Manager and Product Management with new product category network support, including eService, Factory Service Centers, Authorized Service Centers and Greenwood Central Repair Operations.
- Participate in Product Marketing job site research and field testing to understand end users' service needs and expectations, current network and competitive landscape and applications as they relate to Service for new product categories.
- Support brand, end user, and vocational events such as Skills USA and NECA as a representative of the Milwaukee brand and Service as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or related area
- A minimum of 1-3 years experience in a sales, marketing, process improvement, product development or related field
- Technical knowledge of tools preferred, but not necessary
- Position requires excellent analytic, written, verbal and interpersonal skills plus demonstrated problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Willingness to travel 10-15% of the time
- Proficiency in PC skills including MS Office (specifically Power Point and Excel)
- Must have the ability to react to situations quickly and perform efficiently in a fast paced environment