Key Account Manager - Fastenal in Kansas, Missouri
The Key Account Manager, Fastenal is responsible for building relationships and developing plans to increase brand share and awareness within Fastenal.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for driving Regional and District POS growth in alignment with the overall corporate strategic plan.
- Coordinate and drive execution of MT/Fastenal target sales initiatives with MT field sales team. Including, but not limited to product training, end user events, market blitzes, and branch merchandising.
- Drive interaction with Fastenal key decision makers and supporting field teams.
- Launch new products within target Fastenal regions.
- Strategically plan customer visits to cultivate relationships, deliver presentations and create opportunities to grow business with Fastenal.
- Present reports to management that track sales and opportunities (pipeline report) within Commercial segments.
- Team with individuals in the MT field sales organization to implement and execute sales strategies that focus on Fastenal sales teams, including account planning, pricing and support for field sales drives.
- Position self as resource and leader with MT field sales relative to Fastenal and all aspects of their business.
- Assist in negotiation of National Account contracts and programs tied to Fastenal National Account teams.
Responsible for building relationships with:
- Fastenal Regional Vice Presidents
- Fastenal General Managers
- Fastenal District Managers
- Fastenal National Accounts Teams
- Fastenal Construction teams
- Key end users
Driving sales to targeted Fastenal end users, leveraging relationships with Fastenal sales teams.
- Government (state, local)
- Commercial (Hospitality, Institutional, Contractor, etc.)
- Manufacturing (all segments)
- Construction (all segments)
- Embracing Fastenal service oriented selling process to effectively execute Milwaukee strategies and initiatives.
- Participation in national, regional and local Fastenal sales events, shows, training, conferences, etc.
- Develop and drive annual regional field targets throughout the organization. (Fastenal & MT)
- Work as a cohesive unit with local IC Regional Managers, JSS & FMM support -- with a high focus on communication
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a Bachelor's degree, preferably business-related.
- Minimum 3 years experience in sales or marketing.
- Self motivated sales-oriented individual who can work within a large, highly-structured sales environment.
- Good communicator with ability to interact within all marketing, sales/sales management levels of Fastenal organization.
- Able to balance relationships and accountability; multiple priorities and initiatives.
- Aptitude and ability to become proficient in demonstration/use of power tool systems and applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Micrsoft Dynamics & AX
- Evaluation skills and data proficiencies within Microsoft Excel
- Presentation skills utilizing PowerPoint, etc. to sellers and customers.
- Frequent travel throughout a multi-state territory required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Familiarity with Product/safety/applications training of Milwaukee Power Tool systems and related products.