Business Intelligence Analyst in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool is looking for a Data Analyst who will thrive in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates should be detailed-oriented, passionate and have a keen business sense coupled with a strong technical background. We are looking for an analyst capable of implementing advanced analytic/data transformation techniques that can be used to help solve complex business problems. You must thrive in a challenging, every changing environment where you don't accept "we've always done it this way" as an explanation and you to never stop learning.
Our Analysts work directly with the end users to engineer solutions that solve real problems and impact Milwaukee Tool's bottom line.
The candidate hired for this role will play a critical role in shaping our data analytics environment and help define how data can be leveraged to optimize decision making.
- Work with end users to understand the problem and build robust analytical solutions
- Teach end users how to leverage data and analytics to be more productive.
- Where appropriate, help with the data cleansing process that feeds various applications used by the end users.
- Support the BI documentation and meta data management processes.
- Work with data architects to ensure end user informational needs are being met.
- Stay up-to-date with current trends and applications in analytics.
- Help with ETL processes when necessary
- Effectively communicate and interact with end users and technical personnel to solve complex problems.
- Adhere to timelines and work well in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- 3-5 years of experience working with BI tools such as ThoughtSpot, MS Power BI, Tableau or others
- An understanding of data visualization techniques and best practices.
- A strong understanding of relational databases, OLAP cubes and the ability to query data using SQL.
- Clear communication skills; the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non- technical end users.
Additional experience and knowledge that would be a plus
- R and/or Python
- Non-relational data.
- Data lakes and IoT a plus.
Education & Business Experience:
- College degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Math, Statistics, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience as a BI Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Process Analyst.
- Competitive yearly salary and bonus potential.
- Health insurance/Dental/401K.