Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Product Design
Date Posted: 4/11/2019
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare layouts and basic design drawings and/or CAD models of new and improved products, subassemblies and components.
- Assist the Engineer in charge with the analysis of research and engineering problems.
- Work from general specifications to create original layouts of all but the most complex products.
- Design components such as die castings, plastic molded parts, sheet metal stampings and screw machine parts.
- Make detail drawings and/or CAD models of components and subassemblies.
- Perform dimensioning and tolerancing calculations. Understand and be able to apply geometric and form tolerance dimensioning.
- Assist in the acquisition and analysis of information and test data pertaining to research concepts, products, designs, subassemblies and components.
- From general information prepare drawings, product BOM's and Change Notices for release and/or change distribution.
- Analyze prototype and competitive tools and measure and record data and information for evaluation by Engineers. Perform some testing requiring little or no instrumentation.
- Actively participate in project team meetings.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a technical Associate Degree and a minimum of 6 months experience in designing, drafting and computer modeling and related technical assignments.
- Experience and 3D modeling and simple surfacing with Unigraphics NX preferred.
- Prior experience with the methods and materials used to manufacture power tools preferred.
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
Strong mechanical design skills and ability to develop creative design solutions.