Intern - Manufacturing Engineering in Mukwonago, Wisconsin
As a Manufacturing Engineer Intern, you would work with regular direction and guidance from a Sr. Engineer. The primary duty is to utilize entry level engineering skills to contribute to manufacturing improvements in both existing manufacturing processes and new products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in updating and document control for critical process documentation (work instructions, packaging standards, cosmetic criteria, etc)
- Develop operator in-process quality checks for various processes
- Quality Inspection and Data Analysis as needed
- Perform measurement system analysis and analyze results
- Assist in developing action plans and perform root cause analysis for scrap and quality issues
- Implement Visual factory tools (6S, shadow boards, Kanban,flow racks, etc)
- Conduct time studies on machines and operators as needed. Perform line balancing and staffing analysis. Establish manufacturing standard time values & routings.
- Assist in development of plant operational metrics to communicate shop performance (OEE, OTD, 5S, Scrap %, etc)
- Analyze and improve plant material flow and cell layouts
- Participate in capital equipment install projectsAssist manufacturing engineers in tasks and assignments related to new product launch
- Other duties as assigned