Sr. Engineering Technician - Second Shift in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Under the direction of the Technical Supervisor, the position will be accountable for the activities of the department requiring the application of skills to operate custom test equipment and other systems in support of R&D and NPD activities.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities
- Conduct diverse and complex mechanical tests using a variety of electrical and mechanical test equipment and techniques
- Exercise responsibility for thoroughness, timeliness and accuracy of work performed
- Training, overseeing and monitoring temporary workers
- Follow work instructions and test rig procedures
- Prepare reports utilizing a PC with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, databases, spreadsheets and statistical / graphical software
- Perform hands-on testing using power tools and accessories
- Perform preventative equipment maintenance and repairs of test equipment
- Knowledgeable of machine component applications and assembly
- Participate in the improvements and development of testing and automated machinery
- Agility to multi-task while maintaining efficiency and organization
- Assist Test Engineers in the design, assembly and programming of test systems
- Contributes to organizational goals and objectives.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires an education equivalent to a technical associate degree and three to five years' experience using test equipment for product life and performance testing
- Fundamentals of electronics, AC/DC circuits, motors, sensors, pneumatics and controllers
- Knowledge of test concepts in design and development of products and components
- PC hardware and software knowledge with the ability to program in LabVIEW, Visual Basic, PLC's required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office