Front End Innovation - Lead in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Candidates for this role are creative and have a passion to find problems and invent meaningful solutions and have done so in the past. As the Innovation Team lead you are driven by solving ambiguous problems, great at fostering creativity, and able to develop a problem-solving strategy next steps for the team to learn through the iteration of concepts.
- 5+ years of experience working on a human centered design-thinking innovation team.
- Expertise with design-thinking methods, processes, tools, & creativity.
- Mechanical Engineering BS degree required.
- Experience designing & engineering durable good products
- Inventor: Irresistible drive to invent new solutions to old problems.
- Creativity: Original problem-solving skills coupled with a hands-on approach.
- Irreverence: Actively challenges behavior paradigm's both internally and externally.
- Critical Thinking: Thrives in ambiguous scenarios in which the correct direction(s) is not yet obvious. Great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available and making decisions.
- Intuition: Knows the most effective and efficient methodologies to meet project goals.
- Aptitude: Possesses strong mechanical & manufacturing background to ground ideas but has a finger on the pulse of emerging technologies.
- Communication: Up, down, and throughout the organization - speaking the lexicon of the creative, technical and the trade.
- Time management: Skilled at planning & prioritization of tasks for oneself and the project team.
- Cross-functionality: Works effectively with Engineering, Marketing, Industrial Design, & Design Research. Understands the strengths, value, and knows how to correctly utilize each member of the team most effectively.
- Front-End Innovation Leadership: Guide and influence teams both in the way of thinking and in the way of working throughout the process of Concept/Front-End Innovation project - from project scoping, problem framing, discovery and ideation, to design development, implementation and learning.
- Infuse Disruptive Innovation Practice and Methods: Create, socialize, and nurture a toolbox of innovation practices, methods and processes; seamlessly integrate new methodologies and language used by internal teams. Advocate innovation methodologies and the value of our team capability within businesses.
- Define Completeness: Understand the NPD design process (deliverables, timing, pitfalls) to anticipate where work will go and guide teams to deliver appropriate and effective solutions. Outline expectations and gauge quality of work to ensure output is complete and usable.
- Team Leadership: Provide thought leadership to the organization including:
- Sharing constructive feedback to inspire team members to produce great work and ensure they follow through with comprehensive attention to detail
- Mentoring team on innovation methods, process, and best practices
- Training colleagues on standards and techniques
- Coaching team to develop and deliver presentations, linking innovation work to user insights, brand stories, and business strategy.
- Discovering and nurturing young talents inside and outside the company
- Build Relationships: Build and manage relationships with internal business teams working with the Design Team in a way that reflects that we are a trusted partner that provides world-class thought leadership