Quality Engineer - New Product Development in Jackson, Mississippi
The Quality Engineer of New Product Developmentis responsible for providing a wide variety of process analysis and process improvement activities to internal and external customers. This position serves as a production gate to ensure process and product are at the highest quality possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create quality control process for new product from start to finish for assembly line to ensure that 100% of product is in compliance with drawings, work instruction, and performance call-outs.
- Problem solve issues that arise during new product development process
- Create and implement end of line quality audit by researching equipment and working with cross functional teams.
- Research, develop and revise Quality Policies, Procedures, System Instructions, Engineering Standards and Work Instructions that govern the operations of the Quality Engineering Department and Quality-related activities of the Corporate Office, manufacturing facilities and distribution center.
- Establish and maintain a framework and systems for conducting process capability studies, performing statistical process control, conducting gauge repeatability and reproducibility studies and gauge calibration. Write standards and procedures governing he conduct of these activities including the data to be collected, reporting methods, etc.
- Perform process analysis on machines, equipment and systems to facilitate process improvement. Track process performance and provide feedback to engineering, manufacturing and management.
- Provide services to the manufacturing, distribution and suppliers in process improvement to reduce process variation and increase process control.
- Develop procedures and schedules for doing gauging calibration for internal customers in manufacturing, advanced research, the model shop and the technical center.
- Use and maintain database for document control, corrective action, gauging and calibration record system.
- Provide formal and informal training on statistical techniques and continuous improvement tools, such as process analysis, flowcharting, design of experiments and strategic planning, to engineers, buyers, suppliers, etc.
Conceive, plan, organize and coordinate all phases of assigned special projects to improve efficiencies, simplify workflow and reduce costs.
- Apply statistical methods such as gauge R & R, design of experiments and statistical process control in manufacturing.
- Participate in reviewing designs of new products and engineering changes with respect to product quality control/assurance and gauge requirements and recommend changes as required. Isolate and identify critical quality requirements.
- Establish standards to measure process improvement and performance.
- Coordinate the corrective action system used in the corporate office to ensure timely root cause analysis and effective corrective/preventive action.
- Perform process and quality system audits to ensure compliance to specifications and documented procedures.
- Determine acceptance quality levels by means of random sampling techniques, where feasible.
- The latest gauging methods, procedures and software and introduce them into the company where appropriate.
- The latest drawing and test specification standards (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Five years of related work experience or equivalent that includes training in quality engineering fundamentals.