Under the direction of and reporting up to the VP of Sales, primary duties are to plan, grow and manage the new safety product category(s) through the administration and coordination of a variety of sales and marketing functions while maintaining a cooperative relationship with internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead commercial research, planning, and execution for upcoming high-focus product launches.
- Work cross-functionally to develop distributor programming, merchandising, and marketing material to overdrive new product launches.
- Support internal and external training initiatives.
- Work with all Milwaukee sales teams to develop a detailed target list and strategic attack plan for each account and user vertical.
- Collaborate with jobsite solutions team and our end user partners to drive awareness, knowledge, testing, training, and sales on focus product categories.
- Collaborate with account owners to presell new products to top distribution partners.
- Define the strategic and tactical requirements for success within the category and within the geographic territory.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of competitive & market information including product catalogs, price lists, programming, and promotions.
- Analyze and interpret data from sales initiatives and report to management.
- Assess and analyze new business opportunities and present findings to senior management.
- Maintain up-to-date opportunity funnel to track all major sales initiatives, within CRM database.
- Participate in key customer presentations, line reviews, editorial visits/interviews, trade shows and other industry events as needed to promote the category.
- Attend trade shows, seminars and other industry events as necessary to stay abreast of market and industry trends.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Preferred degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related area.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in Marketing/Sales role(s).
- Position requires accomplished analytic, written, verbal and interpersonal skills plus demonstrated track record of achievements in positions or increasing responsibilities, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time. Mainly air travel will be required.
Please note that this work location is flexible between Seattle and San Francisco.