Lead Quality/Reliability in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Quality Engineering Lead's primary duties are directing a team of reports focused on ensuring product reaching end-users maintains Milwaukee's superior quality reputation. The Quality Engineering Lead assists with the implementation of standard processes within our global manufacturing facilities. This includes identifying a plan for assessing and reducing risk and taking a hands-on approach to solve complex issues while communicating timely updates to upper management. The fast-paced environment allows the opportunity to implement new, innovative solutions both within the quality team and company-wide. As part of working for Milwaukee Tool, you will assist in the launch of many new, exciting products which deliver unique solutions to our end-users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and direct a team focused on ensuring only high-quality product reaches our end-users.
- Understand and react to end-user feedback received through various channels (social, product reviews, and warranty claim information).
- Develop the quality management system, training others, creating standard procedures, and completing documentation when required.
- Support multiple projects simultaneously, monitoring and communicating progress until completion.
- Host global team meetings with all manufacturing facilities to drive unified quality processes support across all locations
- Identify and provide training opportunities to team to develop team capability and skill levels
- Ensure compliance with company-specific regulations related to the quality of product and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
- Oversee detailed inspections of components and completed assemblies at various phases of production and throughout the manufacturing processes.
- Drive global documentation of nonconforming material
- Lead and/or assist with the product testing and manufacturing problem solving throughout projects as needed.
- Assist in the continuous growth of Milwaukee Tool's global quality processes to enable and support future growth.
- Brings new and innovated ideas to take Milwaukee's quality department to develop the always improving culture
- Aggregate warranty, inspection, and customer feedback to drive risk discussions on products
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or educational equivalent field
- 5+ years of experience in related quality and/or reliability field
- Experience with new product commercialization processes emphasizing design, manufacturing, quality, test or reliability activities
- Experience including training in quality engineering fundamentals and proven experience leading a project team
- Previous relevant experience with Design of Experiments, life data analysis, and other related statistical tools and software (i.e. Minitab, Reliasoft, JMP)
- Experience with using quality management systems in a manufacturing environment
- Written and verbal communication skills and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to seek out growth opportunities focused on enhancing personal and professional skills
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time is required (travel includes Domestic and International)
- Preferred: Former Lead or Supervisory Experience
- Preferred: ASQ Quality Engineering Certification (ASQ-CQE) or the ability and desire to achieve certification
- Preferred: Experience and knowledge using power tools
- Preferred: Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) or Six Sigma experience