Manufacturing Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Manufacturing Engineering is part of a team for the creation and execution of the North American manufacturing and sourcing strategy that support the growth, new products roadmap, and overall requirements of the Power Tool business unit.
- Develop cost models for production of parts and tools in different scenarios (varying locations, processes) -- consideration of Transportation, NPD, Safety, Supply, and Labor
- Has basic knowledge in finance to understand concepts of CapEx, payback, standard costs
- Develop agendas to facilitate and document project meetings. Track project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Requires ability to gather, interpret, and present data effectively to leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication to make formal presentations regarding project status to team and management
- Requires effective communication and teamwork skills
- Lead mid to high level manufacturing projects, providing direction, guidance and engineering expertise to team members. Facilitate project flow involving regular contact with engineering, manufacturing and other cross functional teams.
- Work cross functionally with Sourcing, Engineering, Quality, Finance, Production, etc. to assemble information for decision making with respect to Operation locations
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Engineering, Business or a technical field.
- Understanding of manufacturing and engineering applications and practices.
- Requires experience in manufacturing environments and ability to weigh competing finance and operations viewpoints to present best options for the business
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge and experience in process evaluation tools: statistical data analysis, risk analysis, flow layout and other related engineering tools