Thepurpose of the EDI Analyst is to analyze, support and maintain all EDI activities between internal users, customers, distributors, software partners and EDI VAN providers. This position works in concert with the Information Technology Group, EDI Managed Services, Customer Support, Sales and Marketing, Finance, and internal support users to assure the seamless processing of all EDI transactions within Milwauke Tool.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as liaison between Information Technology development staff, EDI Managed Services, systems analysts, business subject matter experts, provider business office staff, and third party administrators to implement EDI transactions in an integrated, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Serves as lead for all EDI communication between internal users, external trading partners and external communications network providers for the company.
- Responsible for advanced troubleshooting with new and existing trading and transportation partners to solve communication issues such as setting up new partners, testing new/existing trading partner data maps and monitoring communication system status.
- Direct involvement with testing new application software upgrades.
- Works collaboratively with distributors, customers and 3rd party vendors to implement new EDI business processes and coordinate enhancements to existing trading partner processes.
- Makes recommendations for ways to improve processes and productivity of company based on existing operating procedures and maintaining high customer service.
- Support analysis and testing of transaction implementations and mapping of EDI standards.
- Leverage EDI knowledge in claims, payment, eligibility, and financial systems in day-to-day operations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business or related field
- SQL, VB, XML, VantagePoint a plus
- Experience with ticketing systems a plus
- Advanced MS Office, particularly with Excel, PowerPivot, Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to communicate with departments across the organization
- Knowledge of ANSI file specifications for commerce (850,855,856,810,864 etc)