Project Leader - Power Tool Electronics in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Project Leader is responsible for managing multiple moderate to highly complex engineering projects with minimal direction. Individuals in this position will provide project management and necessary technical direction to assure successful and timely implementation of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership over moderate to highly complex design projects, particularly relating to Milwaukee Tool Power Tool electronics. Provides direction, guidance and engineering expertise to team members.
- Communicates, both verbal and written, to assure all groups are working toward the goal of timely project completion. Communicate technical details, ideas, and concepts to engineers and non-engineers in multiple locations.
- Provide design input on best options to meet project objectives and implement designs into mass production.
- Consistently visualizes entire scope of a project with very little guidance.
- Schedules, develops agendas, facilitates and documents project meetings from EE technical release through production.
- Tracks project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines and identifies project risks with mitigation plans.
- Interacts extensively with global teams to achieve project goals.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering. Electrical engineering preferred but not required. Formal project management training preferred.
- Minimum 7 years engineering experience successfully managing low-moderate complexity projects and/or subsystems of larger projects.
- Must have a working design knowledge of a wide variety of the technologies associated with Milwaukee products.
- Must possess a high level of Engineering aptitude towards electrical and/or electronic systems and components as developed through industry experience. Knowledge of PCBA manufacturing processes a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Microsoft Project a plus).