Director Global Forging Operations in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Date Posted: 3/13/2019
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Manufacturing
Date Posted: 3/13/2019
The Director of Global Forging Operations is responsible for creating and implementing the forging operations strategy for Milwaukee Tool.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of forging manufacturing for Hand Tools and Power Tools in the US and globally. This will include:
- Identify and procure the machinery required to manufacture Hand Tools and Power Tool parts.
- With Senior leadership team determine the best location(s) to establish forging manufacturing.
- Define team needed, recruit, and develop the team to support the forging and secondary manufacturing operation.
- Establish team and capability to design and fabricate forge tooling to optimize cost, quality, and lead time.
- Provide technical advice and support to New Product Development Team on optimal design of components utilizing forging.
- Interact regularly with business unit leadership to ensure that the operational priorities are aligned with the business unit.
- Continually investigate and introduce process improvement measures.
- Drive the production facility to operational efficiencies and execution on targets.
- Establishes operations priorities to meet or exceed expectations, achieve KPI's and maximize employee contribution and development.
- Manages organizational talent through performance management, and development. Designs and directs processes by which team and individual performance are recognized, feedback is consistently delivered and performance is systematically improved
- Champions development and deployment of standard tools, methodologies, standards, practices and processes
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by adhering to established practices and policies (federal, state, region and country).
- Develop effective growth strategies, manufacturing and inventory scalability and distribution processes for forged products.
- Participate in the development and implementation of materials management and utilization process.
- Develops and deploy demand driven principals and strategies that supports operational excellence and long range plans.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Engineering or Technical Degree
- 8+ years of experience in forging and related operations.
- Experience in development and fabrication of tooling.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the areas of process automation, material flow, manufacturing cost reduction, quality improvement programs and inventory management.
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives.